Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What Do I Do When I'm Alone?

The title is inspired by this little ditty. Grover. Always manages a tearjerker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnw7hNjex_k

Well, I've been working hard, writing applications, emailing principals, wading through school websites.... but that stuff isn't that exciting to read about, so I'm going to show you what I've been doing with the rest of my time. Two words: kids. food.


I'm pretty proud of my cooking skills this year. Just a sampling of what I can do when I'm alone. Portion sizes have been a little tough but... then it just turns into a midnight snack! :)



my neighbors felt bad for me, so they sent over sopa de gallina (hen/chicken soup)



they also sent pupusas :)




This I made myself, and it was delicious! Popcorn chicken and french fries. :)



BBQ Chicken with green beans and onions. Also, some fresh raspberry juice!




Breakfast of champions- eggs, toast, and platanos!!




I gave each kid four lempiras and set out things that they could buy- candy, juice, stickers, bandaids :) It was pretty successful :)



We had movie day- watched Tangled and ate popcorn!



The girls' favorite thing to do is play dress up with my clothes. My shirts fit them like dresses and they always fight over who gets to wear the silver high heels.



I was washing my laundry and Ana Sugey climbed in my laundry basket. Precious :)



They say imitation is the best form of flattery.... Daniela decided to tan after she saw me sitting out for awhile :)



And now.... back to job searching! :)

2 comments: