Thursday, August 20, 2009

Well a lot has happened since I last posted. I'll just give you a quick list.
The day after my last blog, we started orientation for school. About halfway through the morning, I started feeling really terrible. I was shivering with a sweater on (which is not something that happens in the middle of the day in Honduras)... no good. I ended up going and sleeping in one of the houses nearby and then going back to the hotel and sleeping there too. My director decided I needed to go to the doctor but apparently one of the doctors had died and so all the other doctors in town were at his memorial. The school was so good about finding someone. I ended up having a 103 degree fever and they were a little nervous I might have H1N1 so... that was scary. I had to wear a mask and stay all by myself for three days so... that was once again VERY DIFFICULT for me. I think I willed myself to get better today because I just can't handle all that isolation! Anyway, today I feel MUCH better and was able to go to school and get most of my decorations up.
Everyone has been so kind- getting me food, medicine, helping set up my room, checking up on me. It's been great. I know a lot of you have been praying too so THANK YOU!

I moved up to my house officially last night. It's going to be me, Rachel, Jacki, and Sarah living in it for awhile because Sarah and Jacki's house needs a new roof. So, it will be tight but I think it will be a lot of fun. Yesterday we used the plastic wrapping from our mattresses and duct tape to cover our windows to keep the 4-5 inch bugs out. It was pretty fun.

Well I am almost ready for parent orientation tomorrow. School starts Monday- I have 20 kids in my class. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment